Friday 18 March 2011

What I'd Give (A Picture Challenge Poem)

Soulful eyes, entrancing pools of grey,
How unfair is this little game you play -
The stare that launched a thousand sighs
is in full force in your gorgeous eyes -
What I'd give to have them fall on me.

Sun-kissed skin and tousled hair,
What makes you special and so rare
is the way you look so very good,
the way you look as perfection should -
What I'd give to be right with you there;
to feel your skin on mine.
What I'd give to sit by some shaded tree
with you, a content and loving stare
penetrating into me as I lazily, softly
play with your hair.

Lips so soft, tempting and sweet;
no wonder women fall at your feet!
And yet you are unaware of what you do -
tongue running over your lips rapidly,
the way you bite your bottom lip
is more than enough to make me slip
gladly into insanity, happily into ecstasy;
What I'd give to have your lips on me.
But alas, this can not ever be -
simply because you don't know me.
Sweet thoughts these are, but sad ones too,
What I'd give for these sweet thoughts to come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment